Registering with the Red Cross automatically adds your name to the roster however you have the option to pay for our class fee on this site. Below are steps to registering and paying on our site.
- Choose a Life Guard Course at the location of your choice.
- Register online by choosing a date.
- You can pay for your class online or at the class site with a credit card, cash or check.
- Once registered we will send you an email with a link to the Red Cross.
- It is important that you register with the Red Cross ass soon as you receive the email with a link to the Red Cross.
- Register and pay the $35 Red Cross fee for the online curriculum.
- We as that you start the online videos before class, the online curriculum should be completed before the last day of class.
- Have questions or concerns send us a message!
- Click on the link you received in the email (if it does not open, copy and paste the URL into your browser).
- If you do not already have an account, you will need to create one – click the “New User” link and complete the information for the account – please make note of your username and password for future access to the online content. The next step will be to click “Confirm.”
- You will be asked to select a $35 Payment to pay for the online video portion of the class. From the drop-down menu, select Credit Card as the method of payment. Enter your credit card information and click “Submit”.You are now enrolled.
- You may launch the content immediately by clicking the “Go To My Enrollments” button, then click the “Launch” link next to the appropriate course. Or, you may log in at a later time.
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Online Course Completion – rounds 1 thru 9 and assessmentBathing suit
- Change of clothes
- Goggles (optional)
- Snacks & drink
- Your American Red Cross Certificate is valid for 2 years.
- You must renew within 30 days of expiration by registering for a Lifeguard Training Course.
The American Red Cross Certification is nationally recognized.
The Blended Learning Course consist of a total of 28 hours, 8 hours of online videos provided by the Red Cross and Two ten hours of onsite training at one of our facilities.
Yes, you must attend both classes! Of course our Instructors are willing to work with you in case of an emergency.
We prefer cash or check however credit cards are accepted on the website.
- In order to be in the class you must me able to swim a 300 yard continuous swim (12 laps of a 25 yard pool).
- You must be able to tread water without using your hands.
- You must surface dive 7 feet deep
- Retrieve a 10 pound brick and return 20 yards with it
Our course fee is $200. You will be asked to pay the American Red Cross separately once you are provided with the registration link.
The Blended Learning course, which combine both in-person and online learning options, may register for a Red Cross Blended Learning Lifeguarding Review course. The Lifeguard Review is designed to re-certify lifeguards who are currently certified to extend their certification for another two years. This class is only offered for those whose certification is still valid (or within 30 days of expiring).
You will receive your Certificate within two weeks of completing the course. You can print out your Certificate on the Red Cross site: https://classes.redcross.org →Login with the username and password you created during your online course → Click My Learning → My Transcripts and Print Certifications *NOTE: Superior Aquatic Training does not have administrative access to your American Red Cross Learning Center Profile. If you cannot remember your username and password or you need help accessing your electronic certification, please contact 1-800-Red Cross.
Prepaying your course ensures registration on your preferred date therefore there are NO REFUNDS once the course fees has There are no refunds once you start the course or miss a class (no show). Includes: participants who do not successfully complete the course, failing the pre-test on the first day of class, students that do not attend all scheduled class dates and times, Students that do not pass course skills with proficiency (according to American Red Cross requirements) or do not pass the written exam with a score of at least 80 percent. Superior Aquatic Training reserves the right to cancel any class, due to low enrollment numbers. If a class is cancelled, paid participants will be notified 24 hours prior to the first class date, by telephone. You can reschedule your class once, however a $45 fee will be charged as long as you reschedule 3 days before your scheduled class. Participants may transfer a total of one time and training must be completed within 90 days of the original class date. Please choose a class date and location you will be able to attend. For class transfers click on the chat window or send us a message or give us a call at (561) 603-3673 so that we can accommodate you in a future class. NO SHOW – Failing to show up the day of the class will result in NO REFUND regardless of excuse. *WSI Students must contact The American Red Cross directly to request the $35 course fee for the online curriculum.
We do not offer make-up lessons for students enrolled in a Group Swim Lesson unless we cancelled the Lesson due to bad weather. Make-up days are allowed 3 days before your scheduled Private Lesson for students enrolled in Private Lessons. The following outlines the process:
- To qualify for a make-up you must email firstname.lastname@example.org 2 days before your scheduled lesson.
- Missed make-up lessons cannot be made up if we are not notified 2 days prior to the lesson, however you may purchase another available lesson online to make-up the missed lesson.
- Make-up swim lessons with specific teachers cannot be guaranteed.
We recommend not feeding your child for at least 2 hours before a lesson especially dairy products.
Every child is different and learns differently. Learning depends upon many factors including their developmental stage, previous experiences around water, ability to deal with change and practice. Some children regress a little before they progress. It is important to be patient and positive.
We do not offer make up classes unless the class is canceled due to extreme weather.
- Bathing suit
- Change of clothes
- Swim goggles
We ask that students are on time, preferably 10 minutes before the class starts. You will have a 10 minute grace period, however the time missed can not be made up.