The Blended Learning Lifeguarding Review Course allows students to watch American Red Cross instructional videos at the convenience of their home. Course information will be delivered through a web based presentation. Students then attend one full day training sessions at the pool to practice hands-on rescues, entries, CPR, First Aid, and how to handle spinal injuries.
The Lifeguarding review classes are designed to help you update your skills while also extending your certification for another two years. The Red Cross also offers review courses, for those whose certification is still valid (or within 30 days of expiring) while allowing you to continue to work without a lapse in verification.
In order for an individual to participate in these courses they must be able to pass a pre-requisite skills evaluation. The skills evaluation will be administered the first day of the course and includes the following:
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. You may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both. You may use swim goggles.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Hands should be placed under your armpits.
- Complete the timed event within 1 minute , 40 seconds (Swim goggles are NOT allowed on this skill)
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards with your face in or out of the water.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10 pound object.
- Return to the surface and kick 20 yards on your back to return to the starting point. Keep both hands on the object with your face at or near the surface of the water so you are able to breath. You should not swim the distance under water. Your time stops once you have put the object on the pool deck and you exited the pool without using a ladder or steps.
What to Bring to Class
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Online Course Completion – rounds 1 thru 9 and assessment
- Bathing Suit, Goggles and Rash Guard – optional
- Towel; Dry clothes, Sun Block; Lunch or Lunch Money, snacks and drink
- *Please allow 15 extra minutes for parking and facility check-in
Need last minute accessories before class? We got you covered; just purchase and pick up on your first day of class! Goggles
Please see our Refund Policy for information on class refunds.