WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR Course – WSI (also known as SWIM INSTRUCTOR )
- Course Description: This certification course will qualify you to work as a Swim Instructor safely teaching swimming to infants, children, and adults.
- This course is most commonly chosen by Water Safety Instructor (WSI) candidates who intend to work as a Swim Instructor at a:
- Youth camp; Swim School; Parks and Recreation Center; or Private Lessons
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification is often the required, and always preferred, certification to work as a Swim Instructor teaching swimming to infants, children, adults, and groups.
Course Prerequisites: Prior to enrolling in this course, the certification candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements
- 16 Years of age or older
- Ability to swim (25 yards) front crawl stroke (freestyle)
- Ability to swim (25 yards) breast stroke
- Ability to swim (25 yards) back stroke
- Ability to swim (15 yards) butterfly stroke
- Ability to tread water for two minutes
- Ability to dive to a depth of three meters (10 feet)
- Course Objectives: At the end of this course, the certification candidate should be able to:
- Safely and effectively teach children and adults how to avoid hazardous situations in and around the water — including how to avoid drowning;
- Safely and effectively teach infants, children and adults how to survive in water too deep for him / her to stand up;
- Safely and effectively teach children and adults the basics of the four major competitive swim strokes (crawl, breast, back, and butterfly);
- Safely and effectively supervise groups of swim students in and around the water;
- Effectively work with Lifeguards to ensure the safety of all swim students; and
- Conduct instructional swim classes in a time efficient manner.
Also See More: The King’s Academy *West Palm Beach* Two Day Blended Learning Class