Yes. Below are steps to registering and paying on our site.
- Choose a Life Guard Course at the location of your choice.
- Register online by choosing a date.
- You must pay for your class online. Contact us to make special payment arrangements.
- Once registered we will send you an email with a link to the Red Cross online videos.
- It is best that you start the online videos before starting the class.
- The online curriculum must be completed before the last day of class.
- Have questions or concerns send us a message!
- Click on this link (if it does not open, copy and paste the URL into your browser).
- If you do not already have an account, you will need to create one – click here to create a “New User” account
– please make note of your username and password for future access to the online content.
***Note: Use Firefox Browser for optimal results and disable pop-up blockers.
Please keep in mind, the American Red Cross online course program may time-out, if not in constant use, and course work maybe lost. Be sure to log out, if you decide to take a break.
Superior Aquatic Training does not have administrative access to the American Red Cross Online Learning Center website.
If you need help with the online course, please contact the American Red Cross Training Support Center at 1-800-RED-CROSS.
To log in at a later time:
Go to http://classes.redcross.org Enter your username and password. Go to the “My Learning” tab and the “My Enrollments” page will be displayed. Select the “Launch” link for the appropriate course to view and take the content. If you need assistance accessing the online session, please contact the American Red Cross Training Support Center at 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767). Prior to the first on-site skill session, be sure to complete the online work. As you complete the online lessons, please print a progress report from the Main Menu page of the online course. Bring a progress report to each on-site skills session to verify completion of the online lessons.
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Online Course Completion – rounds 1 through 9 and assessment
- Bathing suit
- Change of clothes
- Goggles (optional)
- Snacks & drink
If you do wear contacts, please 2 pairs to class since they can fall out underwater
- Your American Red Cross Certificate is valid for 2 years.
- You must renew within 30 days of expiration by registering for a 1-Day Lifeguard Recertification Training Course.
The American Red Cross Certification is nationally recognized.
The Blended Learning Course consist of a total of 28 hours, 8 hours of online videos provided by the Red Cross and Two ten hours of onsite training at one of our facilities.
Yes, you must attend both classes! Of course our Instructors are willing to work with you in case of an emergency.
In order to ensure proper registration for the courses, we prefer candidates to purchase all courses online. However please contact us to make special payment arrangements.
- In order to be in the class you must me able to swim a 300 yard continuous swim (12 laps of a 25 yard pool).
- You must be able to tread water without using your hands.
- You must surface dive 7 feet deep
- Retrieve a 10 pound brick and return 20 yards with it
- The Lifeguard Review is designed to re-certify lifeguards who are currently certified to extend their certification for another two years. This recertification class is only offered for those whose certification is still valid (or within 30 days of expiring).
- You will receive your Certificate within 2-3 business days of completing the course.
Once submitted, you can print out your Certificate on the Red Cross site: https://classes.redcross.org
→Login with the username and password you created during your online course
→ Click My Learning
→ My Transcripts and Print Certifications
*NOTE: Superior Aquatic Training does not have administrative access to your American Red Cross Learning Center Profile.
If you cannot remember your username and password or you need help accessing your electronic certification,
please contact 1-800-Red Cross.
- Prepaying your course ensures registration on your preferred date therefore there are NO REFUNDS once the course fees have been paid. There are no refunds once you start the course or miss a class (no show). Includes: participants who do not successfully complete the course, failing the pre-test on the first day of class, students that do not attend all scheduled class dates and times, students that do not pass course skills with proficiency (according to American Red Cross requirements) or do not pass the written exam with a score of at least 80 percent.
Superior Aquatic Training reserves the right to cancel any class, due to low enrollment numbers. If a class is cancelled, paid participants will be notified 24 hours prior to the first class date, by telephone.
You can reschedule your class once, however a $45 fee will be charged as long as you reschedule 3 days before your scheduled class. Participants may transfer a total of one time and training must be completed within 90 days of the original class date. Please choose a class date and location you will be able to attend. For class transfers click on the chat window or send us a message or give us a call at (954) 232-8691 so that we can accommodate you in a future class.
NO SHOW – Failing to show up the day of the class will result in NO REFUND regardless of excuse.
We do not offer make-up lessons for students enrolled in a Group Swim Lesson, unless we cancelled the Lesson due to bad weather. Make-up days are allowed 3 days before your scheduled Private Lesson for students enrolled in Private Lessons.
The following outlines the process:
- To qualify for a make-up – you must email firstname.lastname@example.org 2 days before your scheduled lesson.
- Missed make-up lessons cannot be made up if we are not notified 2 days prior to the lesson, however you may purchase another available lesson online to make-up the missed lesson.
- Make-up swim lessons with specific teachers cannot be guaranteed.
- We recommend not feeding your child for at least 2 hours before a lesson especially dairy products.
Every child is different and learns differently. Learning depends upon many factors including their developmental stage, previous experiences around water, ability to deal with change and practice. Some children regress a little before they progress. It is important to be patient and positive.
Your child’s swim level will depend on previous experience, age and whether they fear the water. For more information please refer to the Class Description under Swim Lessons.
We do not offer make up classes unless the class is canceled due to extreme weather.
- Bathing suit
- Change of clothes
- Swim goggles
We ask that students are on time, preferably 10 minutes before the class starts.
You will have a 10 minute grace period, however the time missed can not be made up.